Monday, September 3, 2012

Halloween Common Core {a little early} With *FREEBIES*


 


I have just finished my common core Halloween Math and Literacy Unit! I know it's a little early, but I LOVE Fall!! I already have my Autumn scented Yankee Candles out, have started planning for trick-or-treaters, and shopped around for Halloween outfits for my babies - Tank the English Bulldog and Charlie the poodle. :)

I can't wait to use this unit with my kinders.

You can cover these Common Core Standards with the unit:
English Language Arts:
LA.K.RF.K.2.d
LA.K.W.K.2
LA.K.RF.K.1.d
LA.1.RF.1.3
LA.1.W.1.2

Math:
MA.K.K.OA.5
MA.K.K.OA.3
MA.K.K.OA.A
MA.1.1.OA.C
MA.1.1.OA.6
MA.1.1.OA.D
MA.1.1.MD.4

Activities included:
*ABC letter matching - match uppercase to lowercase or uppercase to uppercase and lowercase to lowercase
*Station Mat to sort letters that are in name/not in name
*Station Mat to sort letters from numbers
*Fact fluency game-sum of 5
*2 fact family games both with recording sheets for stations
*Word work activities
- 8 pages with fall words, students cut letters apart and glue them according to what letters are in their name
-6 pages with fall words, students cut letters apart, create and write new words made
*8 Write the room pages
*Data collection and graphing activity - can be done whole group or independently
*Short vowel word family word sorts - 2 per short vowel
*2 writing prompts on writing paper
*fall writing paper
*book covers for class created books           



Photo
 
*PREVIEW*
Photo
 
 
Photo
 
 
 
Photo
 
And your *FREEBIES*from my new unit!
Just print the pictures :)
 

Photo
Photo
 
Happy Fall!!
 

Mrs. Lindsey

8 comments:

  1. wow! You put a lot of work into that. It looks great.
    I love the fall too :)

    ❀Barbara❀
    Grade ONEderful
    Ruby Slippers Blog Designs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! We just found you over on Christi's birthday giveaway! We're your newest followers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for helping with Ms. Fultz's giveaway!

    kellybrown28021@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

I {puffy heart} love reading your comments!