Saturday, April 28, 2012

Earth Day and Moving

This week my kids LOVED learning about Earth Day. Below are some pictures of activities we did. One of the charts is about how they dream the world should be. I use the book "We Dream of a World" that is written by kids. After we read the book, I have my kiddos add to it and then we make our own book. I am always touched by what the kids have to say and what they want to add to our chart and write about. This year, my chart paper was filled and I had to use my dry erase board to get all of their ideas down. It was precious.
Underneath they wrote their Earth day pledge.


KWL


The kids also made their own earth by coloring a paper plate blue with coloring pencils and then used a green paint handprint to represent a helping hand. This was used to decorate their writing.


I'm looking forward to next week's  unit - Pond Life. Let's see if anyone brings tadpoles in to observe!

I also found out this week that I will be moving to kindergarten next year. I'm excited. My first year teaching was in kindergarten. I started packing up some of my stuff today. It is amazing how much can be acculumated in such a short amount of time (and the dust!). I'm a little sad to be leaving the land of first grade. I had said before that if I ever moved, I wanted to go back to kindergarten. I just didn't expect it to be so soon. But here's to an adventure in kindergarten! :) 

1 comment:

I {puffy heart} love reading your comments!