Sunday, February 24, 2013

Space, Ready for Seuss and a Couple of Freebies to Snag

Last week was a 4 day week. What is it about short weeks feeling like they last FOREVER?! Anyways, last week we did our space unit. Here are a few pictures:
We made a rocket and astronaut to accompany the writing.
Then we made stars using Elmer's glue that had food coloring in it and glitter. (We LOVE anything with glitter in my classroom!)
We had so much fun! Click to check out unit in my little store.

I also created a graphing freebie to use with your space unit. Just click on the picture to snag it! But please remember to leave feedback. :)

I am all ready for Seuss activites this week! I LOVE this week!! We will be wearing Lorax mustaches that my hubby drew for me (all of mine ended up looking like teeth, really creepy teeth.).
 

 
Here are some activities from my Silly Sentence pack that will work with this week's activites:
We will start this out as a whole group activity to create sentences, then try the unscramble sentence sheets from the packet. Then it will be moved into a reading station for students to create their own sentences and write them down. They really love doing these activities!
 


 
And here is a little freebie for you! I found this on pinterest (but the link only took me to Google images so I don't exactly know where it came from). This is so darling and I can't wait to do this with my kinders. Clicking on the picture will take you to my Dr. Seuss pinterest board.
 
Pinned Image
 
 I created a template to use (using the cute frame from Graphics From the Pond). Click on the picture to get it from google docs.
More pictures to come as the week goes on!
 

 

5 comments:

  1. Love the Horton idea! That's one of my favorite Dr. Seuss quotes, especially this year since I have a super little one that needs the encouragement! I'm your newest follower :)

    Thanks for sharing!
    Sarah
    The Fabulous First Grade

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you post the math freebie on the Math Monday Blog Hop!

    Cindy
    love2learn2day.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Hope you come back and post again soon! :)

      Delete
  3. Found ya through the TN linky party...I'm a Tennessean as well :) I am your newest follower!
    Elizabeth
    Kickin’ it in Kindergarten

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay for TN K teachers. I'm off to go check out your blog!

      Delete

I {puffy heart} love reading your comments!