Monday, September 30, 2013

Scarecrows, Apples & Fall!

Hello friends! We sure have been busy this past week! Do you ever feel like you don't have enough time to fit in all of the thematic studies you want to? Last week I crammed apples, scarecrows and fall all together. It was a lot and I didn't get to do everything I had wanted to do with my kinders. But, they at least got to experience a little of it.

For apples, we read "Up, Up, Up, It's Apple-Picking Time" (click on the picture for the Amazon link). This is a great story about picking apples in an orchard.

We brainstormed ideas for apples uses:
.

We got all of our  fun apple activities from here:

For fall we read "There Was an Old Lady Who Swallowed Some Leaves". My kinders love these old lady books!
We made these adorable scarecrows and wrote about them:
IMG_20130926_071642_599.jpg

IMG_20130926_071647_695.jpg

All of our "Old Lady" activities came from the packet below (including the adorable scarecrows!)

This week we are working on pumpkins! I LOVE fall!!



No comments:

Post a Comment

I {puffy heart} love reading your comments!