Thursday, March 28, 2013

Decomposing Teen Numbers

As you may know, I moved back to kindergarten this year after a couple years in 1st grade. When we recieved our grade card at the beginning of the year and all the K teachers were looking over it, we saw decomposing numbers on the math section. My first thought was "What exactly does that mean!".  Anywho, our Math series (which we got last year) doesn't quite work with common core and has nothing for decomposing numbers. So here is my approach to decomposing teen numbers and it is ice-cream themed because I am ready for SUMMER! 3 different station activites are included. Just click on one of the pictures to see it in my little store.


 



 
AND....the 1st TWO followers to leave a comment with their email will get this little packet for free!
The 1st two have already commented. :)

11 comments:

  1. Hope I'm one of the first! I could really use this unit!
    kcahcrim@comcast.net

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love a copy of your cute numbers set!
    wcc1966@me.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh, pooh. i was close. i still love it. vhair61215@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for following! I just emailed you the packet!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mrs. Lindsey,

    Hi, I just found your blog and your newest follower. Thanks so much for leaving a message at my blog about the Earth Day Clip art. I just finished it today and am happy to know others like it too. Always enjoy meeting other kindergarten teachers.
    We are working hard on decomposing teen too. Your ice cream set looks really cute:)

    Charlotte
    Blog:
    Charlotte's Clips and Kindergarten Kids

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I hope this helps decomposing numbers make sense.

      Delete
  6. Just found you on the TpT forums. We're decomposing teen numbers as well. Your product is really cute! What a great way to do it. Karla
    http://kinderkarla.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Decomposing numbers is tough. I hope this way helps it make sense.

      Delete
  7. Hey girl-
    I am doing a TN teacher blog hop...if you are interested, please e-mail me swimelizabeth@yahoo.com
    Thanks!
    Elizabeth
    Kickin’ it in Kindergarten

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just sent you an email. Thank you for asking. Sounds like fun!

      Delete

I {puffy heart} love reading your comments!