Monday, April 7, 2014

Organizing Supplies with Tables {and freebie}

Hello friends! I recently asked on my FB if you all preferred tables or desks. I got several replies and it seemed that we all have a lot of different opinions. LOL 

I have had both desks and tables and I have to say that I love my tables. They stay where they are supposed to and there's nothing for the kiddos to mess in or store papers in. The downside...there's no where for all of their stuff! Here's how I manage their supplies.



You can get these at Wal-Mart. They were either with the silverware or with the clothespins and things you put your dishes in to dry by your sink. They were very inexpensive and I've had mine for several years. My kinders stash their pencils, crayons, scissors, glue and dry erase marker in there. Yes, they do tip over every now and then, but it's not been an issue. 
Instead of taping their name tag on the table, I type out their name tags, print on colored paper and tape to the basket (this basket is turned around to hide the name). 
For me this is easier than pencil boxes. I like community supplies and having tubs in the middle. With this group of kids, it didn't quite work. And with a large class this year, it's hard to make sure the supplies are within reach for everyone at the table.

This has been super helpful with the Easter Bunny visits!

They think the Easter Bunny has their supply baskets confused with real baskets. :)
This has been a great way to promote good behavior and you can get the notes for free in my store!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I {puffy heart} love reading your comments!