Thursday, January 24, 2013

100th Day Madness and a Penguin Freebie

Whew, well today was 100th day and boy did we celebrate (as well as have a fire drill during our 15 minute rest time with the lights out...all things considered they handled that one well). We had so much fun and spent the entire day working with 100.

Of course there was an opportunity to dress up. :) Students had the option of dressing like they were 100 years old. Take a look at these cuties! They were so adorable!
I opted out of old lady attire and chose to make my pinterest inspired 100th day shirt.
Much to my surprise, the  hot glue prevailed and none of the wiggle eyes came off.
First we made our 100th day crowns, because in kindergarten hats are super cool. You can get it for free from Julie Lee's TPT Store, just click on the picture. {Sorry the picture is sideways, it's just one of those things}.
Pinned Image
 
 We wrote 100 words.
Painted 100 dots with Q-tips.

Brought 100 things to count. I love these counting mats! The pin orginally came from a post from Erica Boher.
I got a lot of ideas from pinterest {how did I ever manage without it?!}. Click here to get to my 100th day board.
And of course had awesome snacks at the end of it all. And you can't finish out 100th day without reading "Miss Bindergarten"!
 
Next week we are moving on to penguins! I'm pretty excited and I have a little freebie for you!
 
 
If you are doing a nonfiction unit on penguins, you may be able to use this fact or opinion sort! Just click on the picture to download it from my little store! I would love to hear your feedback on it.
 
 
 
 
 

3 comments:

  1. Thank you for the cute penguin fact or opinion freebie! That will go great with my penguin unit! I found you on the Teaching Blog Addict Linky!
    Kim
    TheVeryBusyFirstGraders

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for all the great 100th Day activities!
    ❀Barbara❀
    Grade ONEderful
    Ruby Slippers Blog Designs

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww love your t-shirt! Your class sure had fun doing all of those 100 things!
    Oh and thanks for your lovely comment

    Vanessa Kinderloves

    ReplyDelete

I {puffy heart} love reading your comments!