Monday, January 14, 2013

SNOW Much Fun!

 
Here is a little recap of last week:
Since we haven't had snow here yet, only rain, we had a snowball {marshmallow} fight outside. This was SO much fun for students and teachers. All I have to say is don't use the big marshmallows. We used both sizes and after being chased around with marshmallows pelting me, the big ones kinda hurt.
We also made hot chocolate. Not your average Swiss Miss, but homemade!
Pinned Image
Click on the picture to take you to the pin. It tasted awesome, but was a little rich.
Above is our -at snowmen my RTI kiddos made. They did wonderful with this, but you may have noticed one of them is upside down. He told me that it was NOT a snowman, but a pot shooting out snowballs. Don't you just love the imagination at this age!?
 
 
All ready to start the mitten!
This chart will be up for the week. Today we labeled the animals with the kiddos helping me on beginning and ending sounds. Students then made their own mitten with the animals in order and labeled them. That went in their writing folder for future reference. 
Yes, that IS a bucket of candy under my easel! :)
Here is a link to my mitten unit that I will be using this week:
I just love the clipart from KPM Doodles!

As always, when I post about a new unit, the 1st TWO followers to comment with their email will get it for free. :)
 




4 comments:

  1. I am your newest follower and would love your new Mittens unit. Thanks.
    Yolanda
    yolanda_jensen@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are doing the mitten this week! Would love to have your cute unit!

    Becca
    foxwellforest@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you ladies for following! It is on the way!

    ReplyDelete

I {puffy heart} love reading your comments!